Here are the final water safety tips to ensure we are doing our best to prevent drowning at all times. Click here to view the earlier water safety tips we’ve posted.
- Select a pool safety fence with strong support posts
- Protect your skin from direct sunlight with sunscreen
- Know how and when to call 911 or the local emergency number
- Do no prop open your pool fence gate
- Remember that pool floats are not approved safety devices.
- During hot days in the sun, remember to keep kids hydrated.
- Refrain from dunking or other rough horseplay
- Have a family safety plan in place in case of emergency
- Be sure your pool uses anti-entrapment or safety drain covers
- Select a pool fence with posts that can twist-lock securely into your patio.
Have a great Summer and remember—water safety is a year-round focus for those of us in the warmer climates!
As you may have heard May is water safety month. We brought you the first seven water safety tips last week and here are seven more to learn for this week.
- Avoid alcohol when supervising children swimming.
- Stay off your phone and social media while water watching.
- Remove climeable objects near the pool fence.
- Keep all exterior doors and windows locked.
- Never swim alone—always have a buddy.
- Never dive into shallow or unknown waters.
- Moved wheeled toys and carts away from the pool area.
We wish everyone a safe and swimmingly fun Summer so remember your water safety and have a blast!
Let’s do our part to prevent drownings.
May is water safety month. For Florida it is year-round. Pool Safely @PoolSafely recently reported that a study by the @SwimFoundation indicates Florida leads the nation with 6 child drownings overall this year, 5 of which occurred in March. So lets do our part and prevent drownings.
Here are the first 7 water safety tips—7 tips for the first 7 days of May. You can find all 31 tips on ProtectAChild.com:
- Remove toys from in our around pool when not in use. Good for children and pets.
- Be sure to always assign a #WaterWatcher when children are swimming.
- Learn to swim—your never too old!
- Stay up to date on your CPR techniques
- Install a mesh pool fence.
- Keep pool and patio area well lit.
- Babysitters should know CPR, swim and practice pool safety.
Join us next week for the next seven tips.
We are excited to announce a new payment method available to you at checkout..Square. We have been anxiously awaiting this integration for our store and it is finally available. We will continue to offer checkout via PayPal—however, with Square you never have to leave the page, making it even easier to get your NoodlePetz!
Piper the Seahorse has arrived! We are so excited!!!